The Local Solutions Council was established on 19 January 2000 and is a non-profit, independent, non-partisan organization established to be a source of solutions to any challenges that may face Zimbabwe. It is a think-tank for interested citizens to help them better understand the choices the country faces in building a prosperous future with national interest in mind.
Local Solutions Council objectives are :
1) To become Zimbabwe’s leading think-tank, mobilize & source of solutions to national challenges
2) To influence Zimbabwean stakeholders to hold national interest in high regard
3) Promote a national culture & environment of democracy ,transparency and accountability
4) To provide analysis & recommendations for the improvement of the ease of doing business in the country
5) To provide alternative solutions for uplifting the economically disadvantaged
The Local Solutions Council is the Publisher of the Daily Publication called The Solutions Tower.
The Solutions Tower is the media arm of the Local Solutions Council and is a Daily Publication that utilises local solutions to solve local problem.